The following is a partial list of current and previous assignments undertaken by MICRODE CONSULT.
Capacity Building and Training
National Treasury – Microfinance Sector Support Credit
The Government of Kenya signed a contract with MICRODE CONSULT on 16th January, 2014 to provide a one year technical assistance to the Microfinance Unit within the National Treasury for the implementation of the capacity building of the second tier SACCOS, Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) and Investment Groups (IGs) to enhance their absorptive capacity for credit and develop their ability to handle other financial products for the poor. The assignment targeted Boards and Management teams of the organisations. The exercise was carried out throughout the country in collaboration with three government appointed wholesaler banks namely Cooperative Bank, Equity Bank and K-Rep bank. The project was delivered in three phases: Phase one produced Inception Report to guide the work; phase two produced the Report of Capacity Training and Needs Assessment of SACCOS, MFIs and Investment Groups; while phase three saw the delivery of First, Second and Third Trainings sessions. Training as well as Monitoring and Evaluation Reports were produced.
K-Rep Bank Customers Capacity Building
The assignment which was commissioned by K- Rep Bank was to undertake country-wide training needs assessment and capacity building of the Bank’s Small and Medium Enterprise customers in areas of Business Management, Financial/business records and banking products and services. A total of 774 potential and existing customers were trained in the following branches Kilimani – Nairobi, Kangemi-Nairobi, Kawangware – Nairobi, Kericho, Kisumu, Kisii, Eldoret, Kitale, Bungoma and Busia. K-Rep Bank was one of the three banks selected by the Government of Kenya to implement the Fund for Financial Inclusion of the Informal Sector Programme. The programme sought to ensure provision of innovative financial products and services to help ease access to needed capital, promote savings and empower the under-banked and un-bankable Kenyans especially those operating Small and Micro Enterprises focusing on creating employment for the youth and women. (July – August 2012)
Other trainings conducted by MICRODE CONSULT include:
- Teachers Development and Management System – (UNESCO/Ministry of Education, Rwanda)
- Organization Development and Strategic Management for WaterAid Partner NGOs (WaterAid, Ghana)
- Corporate Management Training for Board of Directors for WaterAid Partner NGOs (WaterAid Ghana).
- Corporate Management Training for YWCA) MicroPed/DAI)
- Participatory Rural Appraisal Workshop for WaterAid staff and partners on the design and development of water, health/hygiene and sanitation programmes. (WaterAid Tanzania)
- National Workshop on Hygiene Education for the Government of Tanzania Ministry staff ((UNICEF Tanzania)
- Participatory Urban Appraisal Programmes Workshop for WaterAid staff and partners in Tanzania (WaterAid Ethiopia)
- The principles of Cooperatives and Business Management for Cooperative shops in Sudan (CRS Sudan)
- Project Management Workshop for Grant Making/Capacity Building Programme for field managers (CRS Sudan).
- Organization Development and Strategic Management for senior managers (Christian Relief and Development Association, Ethiopia)
- Organization Development and Strategic Management for CARE Partner NGOs (CARE Somalia)
- Training of Trainers workshop on the distribution of a child to child story activity book on water and hygiene (WaterAid Ethiopia)
- Privatisation of Veterinary Services. – Training in Southern Sudan (VSF Belgium)
IEC/BCC Materials Development
- IEC materials development for the Kenya Armed Forces HIV/AIDS project (Kenya/Belgium STI Control Project).
- Production of Question and Answers book on STI for Youth (Kenya/Belgium STI Control Project).
- IEC materials development for the 4-K Clubs Patrons in Marsabit and Moyale Districts (Marsabit Development Project/GTZ).
- Sustainable Agriculture Extension Manual Development and Production workshop (IIRR-Africa Region).
- IEC materials development for Safe Motherhood Project, Somaliland (CARE Somalia)
- BCC Dual protection intervention training materials for Family Health International
Social Economic Research
- Baseline/Endline surveys for the UNICEF Modelling Interventions to Enhance Education Outcomes in KENYA 9 ASAL counties – UNESCO
- Situation Analysis of the Government of Rwanda Girls Education Policy for GIRLHUB, RWANDA
- Consultancy services for the Design Mission and Management Assistance for the development of the health sector SWAp programme (OBA II); a joint consultancy with EPOS Health Management GmbH (NCAPD)
- Baseline survey of the status of healthcare delivery and designing an alternative approaches to financing healthcare (Kenya Healthcare Federation)
- Baseline survey on Health Facilities and Delivery in Kitui, Kiambu, Kisumu as well as Korogocho and Viwandani informal settlements for the Output Based Approach (OBA) project (MOH/NCAPD)
- Baseline survey to help design a livelihood project (World Neighbours)
- Baseline survey to map water resources in southern Sudan (Save the Children UK)
- Rural Agriculture marketing in Southern Sudan for Oxfam GB
- Baseline Survey for street children GOAL Kenya
- Situational Analysis of Special Needs Education – Ministry of Education Science and Technology
- Mid-Term evaluation of Kenya Education for Employment Program (KEFEP) – Government of Canada
- Mid-Term evaluation of Strengthening Education Systems in East Africa (SESEA) Program – Aga Khan Foundation
- End of Program Evaluation of Turkana Integrated Livelihood Development Project, Salvation Army – Kenya West Territory.
- Mid-Term Evaluation of Creating Safer School Project in Kwale and Kilifi, Government of Canada.
- Mid-Term Evaluation of Reading Project in Kajiado, Government of Canada
- Mid-term evaluation of SIMAVI-CISS HIV/AIDS Prevention Project
- Final evaluation of Medical Activities Project in Western Upper Nile, south Sudan, (COSV)
- Mid-term review of Support to Primary Schools in Merka, Somalia, (COSV).
- Rapid Assessment of the Street Working Children in Kenya (ILO/IPEC)
- Final evaluation of Community Based Education Initiative Project, Somaliland, (CARE Somalia)
- Technical review of the implementation process for HAVOYOCO, a Somali NGO, (CARE Somalia)
- Reviewed micro-finance project for COSV in Somalia (COSV)
- Mid-term evaluation of Safe Motherhood Project, Somaliland (CARE Somalia)
- Mid-term evaluation of Education projects implemented by COOPI and Africa 70 in Somaliland and Puntland (EU).
- Final evaluation of Southern Bahr El Ghazal Rehabilitation Project Phase III, South Sudan (LWF/CEAS)
- Evaluation of CEAS Programme in Southern Blue Nile (CEAS)
- Evaluation of Rumbek Livelihood Monitoring and Crop Production Project, Sudan (Oxfam GB).
- Evaluation of Rumbek Livestock Production Project, Sudan (Oxfam GB)
- Participatory evaluation of water, health/hygiene and sanitation programmes, Ethiopia, (WaterAid, Ethiopia)
- Review of the health/hygiene education, child to child and sanitation programmes for WaterAid Dodoma programme (WaterAid Tanzania)
- Evaluation of Micro-Enterprise Programme in Kakuma Refugee Camp, Kenya (IRC).
- Assessment and documentation of Girl Child Programming Best Practices in Kenya.
- Mid-term evaluation of SNV NOPWIK project in northern Kenya
- End-term evaluation of CEAS Emergency Food Relief Project
- DFID Civil Society Organisations (K) portfolio monitoring.
- ID/OD Development Assessment for Water Aid Nigeria
- KENSIP Midterm Evaluation for CIDA/Aga Khan Foundation
Projects Development and Proposal Writing
- Project Development for COOPI and Africa 70 Support to Primary Education in Somaliland and Puntland Phase II (EU/UNA)
- Design of the Community-based approach component of the Kibera Urban Environmental Sanitation Project for DFID.
- Participatory proposal development for Kajiado Women Lobby Groups, Kajiado District (SNV).
- Preparation of Logical Framework Analysis for Maendeleo ya Wanawake Organization/ League of Kenya Women Voters Democratisation Project (The British Council)).
- Development of goals and objectives workshop for Yei Chamber of Commerce, South Sudan (CRS).
- Designing of a boat construction and fishing project for employment creation and income generation. (SHOLCON, Somalia)
- Designing of a small-scale soap-making project using livestock fats/oil (Somali Women Development Association (SOWDA).
- Participatory proposal development for Women Groups from Marsabit, Isiolo and Samburu districts (SNV).
- Participatory proposal development for Kajiado Women Lobby Groups, Kajiado district (SNV)
- Designing of a vocational training project for youth in Hargeisa, Somaliland (CARE Somalia).
- Proposal writing for Oxfam GB agriculture revitalisation program
- Designing privatisation training for Veterinary services for VSF Belgium
- Proposal writing to Global Funds for HIV/AIDS to fund NSCC and Sudan Medical Care.
- Proposal writing to fund Sudan Wildlife Conservation organisation to carry out strategic planning.
- Strategic Planning Workshop for the Tambura/Yambio Diocese (CRS/Sudan).
- Strategic Planning Workshop for PCEA Child Labour Programme (CARE Kenya)
- Strategic Planning Workshop for GOAL Kenya Street Children Programme (GOAL Kenya)
- Strategic Planning Workshop for NOPWIK-Network of Pastoralists (SNV)
- Strategic Planning Workshop for ANV (Association of Napata Volunteers), South Sudan (CRS Sudan)
- Strategic Planning Workshop for APDO (Ghana)
- Strategic Planning Workshop for APDO (WaterAid Nigeria)